Data Centre Co-Location
Where dedicated hardware is required for a full solution or as part of a Strencom Hybrid Cloud, Strencom offer Co-Location hosting from one of our Tier 3 Data Centres. Strencom operate out of Data Centres in Cork, Dublin and London, as well as some other european locations as the need arises.
Your decision to choose what data centre to co-locate in is based on a number of factors, including your space requirements, preferred geographic location, Tier requirements and of course cost of the solution. Existing relationships with a data centre provider will also be a factor. Strencom mainly provide data centre co-location to companies and organisations that have a current or future requirement for our Virtual Data Centre service, but also need physical space as part of a Hybrid solution.
We can provide Co-Location solutions through our partnerships, as part of our overall Virtual Data Centre solution, or if preferred, we can also work alongside your existing data centre provider.
Our main Data Centre's are:
Interxion - Dublin
Interxion is a leading provider of co-location and managed services in Europe with a Data Centre footprint in excess of 59,600 sqm of equipped space.
Interxion’s European Footprint is second to none, a major factor that has helped it to build its multinational customer base. It operates 28 data centres around Europe, with a presence in 11 countries and 13 major cities.
- Availability 99.999% (SLA)
- Power system fault tolerant, resilient and allows concurrent maintenance of all components.
- Contracted 6MVA utility power supply.
- Fully diverse paths from Main Distribution Boards to Rack servers
- Multiple Generators based on N+1 configuration.
- Multiple UPS systems based on 2N configuration
- Bespoke PDU design as per customer requirements
- DC power available
- Chilled water system based on N+1 configuration with free cooling. (DUB2)
- Indoor AC units in N+1 configuration (DUB1 & DUB2)
- Dual loops with Ring pipe work configuration for increased resilience. (DUB2)
- Climate control of Temperature & Humidity
- Cold Aisle containment for high density deployments
Fire Detection & Suppression
- Fully monitored HSSD and VESDA systems
- Argonite (DUB1) & Inergen (DUB2) Fire suppression systems underfloor and in Data Halls
- Hand held extinguishers in all areas
- 24/7 onsite Security
- Secure customer access control system
- External pan tilt and zoom motion detection CCTV
- External monitored security fencing
- Internal IP monitored CCTV
- Biometric, palm & PIN and proximity card access controls
- Full Building Management System (BMS) Monitoring locally and through European Customer Service Centre.
Telecity & DEG - Dublin
TelecityGroup is Europe’s leading provider of premium carrier-neutral data centres, operating facilities in city locations across Europe.
TelecityGroup’s data centres provide secure and highly-connected environments for the IT and telecoms equipment that powers the digital economy. Our data centres are enabling environments in which the separate networks that make up the internet meet and where bandwidth intensive applications, content and information are hosted.
- Total incoming feed capacity (MVA) 10
- Number of independent supplies into the building 2
- From how many onsite substations 1
- Substation fed by multiple grids Yes
- Diverse power route Yes
- Two types of UPS in operation Yes
- Type A Static UPS
- Type B Diesel Rotary UPS
- Type of cooling system Water cooled system
- Use of free air cooling (% of year) 60
- No. of hybrid dry coolers 7
- Hybrid dry coolers redundancy N+1
- No of chillers 5
- Chiller redundancy N+1
- CRAC units or in-row cooling CRAC
- Number of CRAC units 114
- CRAC redundancy N+4
- Cooling backed up by Diesel Rotary UPS
Fire Detection & Supression
- VESDA Yes
- Type of fire suppression system i3 inert gas
- Fire suppression configuration N+1
- Visual and audio fire alarms Yes
- Type of security system Biometric with hand geometry & PIN code Staffed 24/7/365 Yes
- Secure zones within data centre Yes
- IP CCTV cameras 1200+
- Retention of footage (days) 90
- Physical fence Yes
- Virtual perimeter fence (Infra-red beams) Yes
Telehouse North - London
With more than 20 years of industry experience, no one does data centres like Telehouse. Our breadth of expertise and knowledge, paired with excellence in customer service and the wide range of our service portfolio make us one of the leading names in the colocation and data centre industry. Telehouse operates a network of 42 data centres in 24 strategic locations in the EMEA, the Americas and the Asia-Pacific region that cover all major commercial and financial hubs, meaning that you are never too far from our premium data centres.
Telehouse provides a comprehensive range of data centre services and ICT solutions to more than 1000 customers from M2M, financial and gaming industries to name a few. Offering data centre facilities, networks services and managing system integration processes for global corporations and start-ups alike. With more than 20 years industry leading expertise Telehouse guarantees the highest levels of security and connectivity for customers in all its premium colocation sites, enabling optimum operation of all vital applications and systems.
- Average power per rack - 1 to 3kW
- 3 x multiple diverse power route incoming feeds
- 4 x Generators with N +1 redundancy
- 15 mins of UPS battery autonomy with N+1 or N+N redundancy depending on location
- Air conditioning at N+ 1 redundancy
- The heat rejection system is 30% glycol and condensed water which utilises dry heat rejection condensers on the rooftop
- Full function, closed control air conditioning system, with cooling, humidity and de-humidification control
- Room design temperature: 22 degrees C, plus or minus 1 degree C. Room humidity: 50% rH. Plus 10% or minus 10% rH
- External Temperature Design: 35 degree C Dry Bulb
- There is a redundant “A” & “B” pipe work route to the roof top condenser system and N 1 pump system in the North Building to circulate the glycol condensed water to the data centre in-room air package equipment
Fire Detection & Supression
- Very early smoke detection alarms (VESDA) installed throughout the facility
- Fully addressable two stage fire detection system that monitors both under-floor and the room itself
- Dry sprinkler fire detection system to meet BS 5306, 3115 and with LFEPA approval.
- Ceilings, walls, floors and doors comply with RF90 (fire resistance 90 mins) in DC areas, telecom and plant areas
- Perimeter protected by alarmed fences and PIR detection.
- Gated entrances manned combined with a security management system to ensure no unauthorised access to the site.
- Movement activated CCTV coverage for the Perimeter, Entrances and Loading Docks, Common areas reception and corridors and of course our state of the art suites.
- Single point of entry to our main facilities controlled by time limited access cards combined with card Independent client card identification access system and integrated digital video camera surveillance. Proximity card access is provided from the main data centre building and is issued to provide access only to authorised facilities management suites.
- Strict security processes are in place to ensure delivery and loading of goods are secure.
- Doors fitted with alarms that immediately report back to a manned security suite when unauthorised access is attempted or doors are forced or held open.
- A highly trained Security presence 24/7 to ensure that you and your nominated staff gain authorised access to the facility whenever you require, day or night
Contact us today to find out what service is best suited for your business requirements.